I am a professional but fun loving enthusiastic character who always looks at the positives from life.
I am an ex-semi professional footballer of 14 years, and a FA qualified football coach. I coached at Crystal Palace Academy for 4 years (between 1999 and 2013) and currently coach in 2 Primary Schools, Beckenham Town under 17 team and help out with an under 21 side where I am mentoring a young coach. I have four separate current CRB disclosures and I am a qualified First Aider.
I started coaching in Hitherfield Primary School (within Lambeth Borough) on a voluntary basis but was asked to become the football coach as an employee of the school within a year, due to the positive influence I demonstrated with the children. I have been working for Hitherfield Primary School since 2001.
I am an ex middle manager civil servant of 23 years who decided to make a career change to move more into an area that would allow me to make a difference and get a real sense of fulfilment – helping and supporting young people get the best out of themselves. My expertise are in operational delivery, managing and monitoring projects and expenditure and Resource Management.
I am CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) qualified with experience in Personnel Practice, delivering workshops on development and have 10 years experience of employment relations matters, with knowledge of employment law.
I enjoy putting back into the community displaying a lot of positive energy and drive and, as a father of a 22 year old young man and a 2 year old toddler, I am passionate about young people issues.
Voluntary and mentoring activities
- Mentor two teenage boys through XLP – ongoing
- Voluntarily mentor young people building upon a mutual interest in football – ongoing
- Project managed a Football Tournament Fund Raising event – 2010 & 2011
- Voluntarily mentored 14-16 year olds through the MERLIN programme where I inspired Black, Asian and Minority young people through talking about the variety of careers open to them and about my experience as a Civil Servant and through my life journey – 2010
- I empowered junior grades within my professional organisation to take control of their personal development by designing and facilitating a workshop for clerical staff to emphasis the importance of personal development and hear their views on development including barriers they faced – 2008
- Interviewed by BBC on a programme to encourage Fathers to engage in their kids education – 2001
Played semi professional football over a 14 years period – 1991 to 2004
- Egham Town – 2003/2004 season
- Clapton Town – 2002/2003 season
- Fisher Athletic FC – 2000/2001 season
- Crawley Town – 1999/2000 & 2000/2001 seasons
- Bromley Town – 1997/1998 season
- Tooting and Mitcham FC – 1996/1997 season
- Kingstonian FC – 1996/1997 season
- Croydon FC – 1994/1995 & 1995/1996 seasons
- Dulwich Hamlet FC – 1991/1992, 1992/1993 & 1993/1994 seasons
Football coaching history
- Unique FA Academy – 2013 to-date
- Beckenham Town – 2013 to-date
- Crystal Palace Academy – 2009 to-2013
- Hitherfield Primary School – 2001 to-date
- Croydon FC – 2004 / 2005 season
Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS).
- Better Regulation and Policy Advisor – Provide advice and support to policy leads and senior management on better policy making principles e.g. producing employment legislation in the least burdensome way and on how to simplify employment regulations to reduce compliance costs on business
- Resource Manager – Managed £1 million programme budget and a team of 3 staff, implemented resource processes and managed local systems
- Administrator – Managed local IT network including adding and deleting users and provided administrative support duties such as processing invoices, producing statistical information and responding to complaints against telecommunication operators